Re: [squid-users] authentification and banners

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 00:02:58 +0200

ons 2008-04-16 klockan 18:31 +0400 skrev Serj A. Androsov:
> Hello all,
>
> I use basic authentification and want to open full access to some site
> blabla.com.
>
> The blabla.com page can contain images from the different sites.
> The authentification windows appeared because of these banners have
> different site urls.
>
> Can some explain how can I solve it?

It's not easy to solve as HTTP operates on individual objects, and not
full pages. There is one HTTP request for the HTML, then a number of
HTTP requests for each object used by that page.

But you can get close by using the referer acl, matching the url the
browser came from when requesting the object. But keep in mind that
experienced users may know how to forge the contents of this header as
it's information given freely by the browser and not enforced by any
manner.