Re: [squid-users] YouTube and other streaming media (caching)

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 08:11:51 +0800

The problem with caching Youtube (and other CDN content) is that
the same content is found at lots of different URLs/hosts. This
unfortunately means you'll end up caching multiple copies of the
same content and (almost!) never see hits.

Squid-2.7 -should- be quite stable. I'd suggest just running it from
source. Hopefully Henrik will find some spare time to roll 2.6.STABLE19
and 2.7.STABLE1 soon so 2.7 will appear in distributions.

Adrian