[squid-users] Squid NTLM Auth Failing on Long Passwords

From: <andrew.lathrop@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:38:03 -0400

I appear to have run into an issue with Squid failing to authenticate
users with long passwords. I have had a few users that always get a
username/password prompt box which re-appears even if the correct info is
entered. The AD server logs each of the attempts as a bad password. Squid

appears to log it as "Empty LM password supplied for user .......
No-Auth". (Only verified for some users) The only thing I can find in
common between these users would be password that are over 14 characters
in length. Is this a possible source of the errors/constant password
prompt? From doing some reading it appears that the LanMan hash value
becomes NULL after 14 chars are inputed as a password. I'm at a loss for
a solution short of telling my users that they need to use shorter
passwords. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks,

Andrew