Re: [squid-users] Too many refresh hits on old object

From: Benno Blumenthal <benno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 18:56:25 -0400

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Henrik Nordstrom
<henrik@henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> ons 2008-04-23 klockan 11:32 -0400 skrev Benno Blumenthal:
> > through the whole chain to see if the file is updated. I think the
> > problem is some confusion about how the Age: and max-age headers
> > interact (I know I am confused; I worry about squid)
>
> More likely Bug #7...
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Yes, it does look like Bug #7, though in this case Squid is adding the
lines that do not get updated (i.e. Age:), so I am only presuming that
the download time is stored with the "Headers on the disk".

Also in this case Squid is creating the problem by adding the max-age
tag to the Cache-Control line in the request, so an alternative
solution would be to configure all the squids in the chain to not do
that. If I knew how to do that short of stripping out cache-control
from all the requests ...

Benno