Re: [squid-users] WCCP, Squid, ASA, HTTP redirect

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 22:14:53 +0800

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008, Nick Duda wrote:
> I know what your saying.....let me inspect the packets for a few minutes, maybe the https requests are also calling http images or something.....but yea, I know what your saying :)

:P As I said, it wouldn't be difficult to be a straight TCP proxy, with a little
bit of "wrapping" to allow it to be forwarded to an upstream proxy via CONNECT.
Its not as much as what Squid-3 can do but its certainly enough for basic ACLs,
and its a good starting point for other kinds of TCP data processing.

Adrian