RE: [squid-users] Fwd: HTTP Transparent Proxy on OpenBSD 4.2

From: Chris Benesch <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 22:23:12 -0700

Hi,

First of all, you should change any to any to something more restrictive
like 10.0.0.0/8 to any. I don't think squid needs to read the packet filter
device, I've got a similar setup with 4.1 and it doesn't need to access the
packet filter directly.

To make OpenBSD reload the configuration file, the easiest way is to just
issue a pfctl -e -f /etc/pf.conf and it should reload the rules. Just to
make sure you can do pfctl -d; pfctl -e -f /etc/pf.conf. It will stop then
start pf again.