Re: [squid-users] squid monitoring question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:22:16 +0200

On tis, 2008-04-29 at 14:24 -0500, Ritter, Nicholas wrote:
> Is there a way to report on the contents of the cache which are specific
> to a given URL? I want to be able to build reports of specific sites and
> how squid and its cache are interacting with the specific site(s). I
> want to know what parts of the site are being cached and what aren't.

I think store.log is what you are looking for.

SWAPOUT entries what is being cached, and for how long.

RELEASE entries of GET requests with a 200 status code and FFFFFFFF as
filenumber is objects which could not get cached for one reason or
another (including aborted requests).

Other RELEASE entries is best ignored, unless you are looking for
something very specific.