[squid-users] SSL Accel - Reverse Proxy

From: Tory M Blue <tmblue@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:10:13 -0700

I was wondering if there was a way for Squid to pass on some basic
information to the server citing that the original request was Secure,
so that the backend server will respond correctly.

Right now Squid takes and handles the SSL, passes back to the server
via standard http and the application check, causes "basically a
loop", because it wants to see the client using SSL and not standard
HTTP..

This is only an issue with same hostname/headers that have access on
both 80/443 as the application needs to know that someone came in
secured and that the Squid box will respond in kind.

Am I missing something basic? i'm not seeing it in the information
currently that Squid passes. Otherwise the application could key off
the originating dest port or similar

Thanks
Tory