Re: [squid-users] rtmp protocol

From: Paul Bertain <paul@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 20:03:29 -0700

I've been looking myself but they (Adobe) keep it pretty tightly
held. The most common google hit is Routing Table Maintenance
Protocol from AppleTalk, which is completely unrelated.

Adobe people don't really know much about it and I can't get to the
Developers. When I call Adobe and ask about RTMP, I get shuffled
around to just about every department.

There is Red5, an Open Source reverse engineering project out there
who may have someone that has more info:
- http://osflash.org/rtmp <-- Brief description
- http://osflash.org/red5 <-- OS Project
- http://swik.net/RTMP <-- Refers to Red5 again

I was hoping it was RTSP-like because it is related to streaming but
from what I can tell, it is not really that similar.

Paul