[squid-users] Dub about how to work squid ...

From: Ramiro Sabastta <rsabastta@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 21:50:51 -0300

Hi !!!

I installed squid on a Debian box, with 1Gb of RAM, 160 Gb of disk
and AMD Optreon Dual Core, in transparent mode.
I configured a cache of 100Gb on disk with aufs.
I was making some testing in my private network, and I couldn't
understand how the squid worked.

I have this configuration:

maximum_object_size 51200000 bytes
minimum_object_size 0 bytes
maximum_object_size_in_memory 204800 bytess

When I send a HTTP requeriment for an object, for example of 1Kb, the
object is saved by the squid "IN MEMORY" and the following
requeriments from the same object, the squid answers with a "HIT"
(This is ok)
For the other side, when I send a request for an object bigger than
200Kb, it always resolves in "DIRECT" way and the following
requeriments from the same object, the squid answer with a "MISS". The
squid doesn't save this object on the disk cache,

It's ok? May be I have a configuration problem.

Any Help?

Thanks a lot !!!

Ramiro