[squid-users] serious squid (cache_dir) problem

From: Michel \(M\) <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 19:30:06 -0300 (BRT)

Hi there

this problem is around since long time but only when an incorrect shutdown
(powerfailure or kill) was the reason, but now it became a pattern ...

but there was a workaraound, adding -F to squid start config so it didn't
attend any request so long as the logs were not ready

but this is not the case anymore, any request before swap_state is ready
is fucking up the swap_state and it is growing out of bounds beyond
available disk space and then squid dies because out of disk space when
RunCache didn't terminated earlier because of number of insuccessfull
retries

FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE amd64 and i386 (Latest Sources)
Squid > 2.6STABLE19-20080?* (I do not know which exact version)

I believe major problem is I use diskd for cache_dir here which seems to
be abandoned (unfortunatly) ...

I do not know about this issue when using aufs and ufs because I am not
using it

some comment on this?

Michel

Tecnologia Internet Matik http://info.matik.com.br
Sistemas Wireless para o Provedor Banda Larga
Hospedagem e Email personalizado - e claro, no Brasil.