[squid-users] regular long processing time in squid 2.6.12

From: Shaojie Liu <liusoaring@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 15:34:12 +0800

hi, all

we r using squid 2.6.12 for months. recently when we parsing squid
access log and studying on the value of "serveing time", we fount it
to be interesting that many slow serving actions is finished within
120 seconds or 60 seconds.

it seems like that there is a machanism inside squid to ensure that
all content can be server in a certain threshhold time, say 120s or
60s. or at least there is a timeout setting or configuratioin.

a few sample data as following:

-content----- process time(s)-----
xx.js 119.931
xx.jpg 119.813
xx.gif 120.133
xx.gif 59.92
xx.png 119.239

i strongly feel that the time figure indicated something. meanwhile,
the load on squid box is pretty low(usually under 1), and
requests/second is aroun 100/s.

anybody have met same problem? any good suggestions? appreciated. thanks.