Re: [squid-users] regular long processing time in squid 2.6.12

From: François Cami <fcami@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 14:18:26 +0200

Hi,

Are any of your clients using Outlook, Outlook Express, or Entourage ?
There is probably a bug in their HTTP implementation, when a client
receives an email with image links, it takes forever (60 to 120 seconds,
incidently) unless you include the following configuration line in
squid.conf :

persistent_request_timeout 1 seconds

Taking the same link and loading it in a web browser (IE, Firefox,
Safari) is OK...

Hope that helps, please report to the list.

Best,

François