Re: [squid-users] cache of 404 and redirects

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 02:18:26 +1200

Christian Seifert wrote:
> Well, I think it is natural in any development setting to branch development to work on different stuff. But then when the time comes, the features of a lower branch are merged up...and eventually the lower version will die...now I dont have visibility how different 2.7 and 3.0 are, but the longer you wait the more painful this will be....
>
> I think the storeurl feature is a good and needed feature and shall make it into squid 3.X...

I quite agree christian. On both counts. I'm just a little grumpy
tonight seeing as that is one of the features I'm probably destined to
be stuck cross-porting.

Adrian has spent most of several years working on his upgrades. I get
nightmares sometimes thinking of the work ahead trying to duplicate any
of it myself. Like he said, not big changes, but very delicate.

I'll stop ranting now.

Amos