Re: [squid-users] Of redirect_program, perl, DBs and URLs

From: Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET <ml@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 23:56:41 -0400 (EDT)

> On tor, 2008-05-08 at 14:04 -0400, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to implement a redirect_program in perl. Its
> > a fairly simple program. I'm trying to find a spot when a user
> > is accessing a directory or site, and if they aren't in the
> > "already showed file", generate a 302 to a page of my choice.
>
> The squid_session helper can already do this for you...

Hi,

        Thanks for the reply. Yes, I realize this can do some
of what I want, but there is more finer grained control I
want that it doesn't appear squid_session can do for me.
The other issue I have is the documentation for redirect_program
really was involved, and I felt confident implementing it
on a system 700 miles away that I didn't have access to from
the inside.

                Thanks, Tuc