Re: [squid-users] Questions on redirectors

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 15:54:30 +1200

James Wenzel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a few questions on redirectors. In squid 2.6 do I use
>
> #url_rewrite_program /usr/local/squirm/bin/squirm
> or
> redirect_program /usr/local/squirm/bin/squirm
>
> Also in squirm.local if I want one domain to be always re-written,
> meaning from anywhere, what do I put in the squirm.local file?

These are questions for google or the squirm help lists.
All squid does is send or not send URI to the re-writer.

> Should I even use squirm to re-write for only one domain? Thank you in
> advance for your help.

What exactly are you re-writing?
Your other mails look to me like you are just forwarding root-requests
to a starting splash page. As I wrote earlier, thats far easier and
simpler done with a deny_info redirection.

Amos