Re: [squid-users] Timout during squid rotate

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 15:00:53 +1200 (NZST)

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone experienced a timeout during squid rotate. I execute this
> every 15mins in cron to manage the swap state for a 6 - 50G cache
> directories. It seems like if I dont run squid rotate frequently, my
> cpu jumps to 100% during the cleanup process.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

Lets start with some basics, yes, the CPU usage may or may be a problem
that needs fixing by other means than 15min forced cleaning.

 - what version of squid are you using?
 - what is your cache_dir configuration?
 - what is your proxy load normally like?
 - what is your disk configuration? (RAID involved?)

Amos