Re: [squid-users] Sarg report of log - Connect?

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 10:57:45 -0800

Paul Cocker wrote:
> I'm trying to make sense of the Connect column which sarg has generated
> from my squid logs. I've checked the Wiki, but the only reference in the
> logs section I could find was in regards to SSL tunnels.
>
> Quite simply, I want to understand what measure of connections this is.
> Is this connections to the cache, or the number of browser connections
> (with multiple connections being possible during a single 'visit') etc.?
>
> Paul Cocker

In the context of SARG reports, the connect column is the number of
requests (including requests for images, CSS, HTML pages, etc.) made by
that IP/user. Requests made using SSL may pull multiple objects with
one "request", as Squid (in a standard forward proxy set up) doesn't
terminate and re-originate the SSL connection.

Chris