[squid-users] WCCP priority using Cisco Router or ASA

From: Nick Duda <nduda_at_VistaPrint.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 13:14:34 -0400

I've deployed my new solution and its working well, but see some issues realted to transparent authentication (I'm working with SecureComputing on this). I have one question though that would help solve this issue.

Currently, I have 2 squid caches configured as wccp with a router. In viewing the logs it shows that the proxies are being used randomly (in a load balance way) with the router, which is cool but im seeing some issues with SmartFilter transparency doing that. Is there a way through wccp config in squid or on the cisco gear to only use one cache until it goes down then use the other?

All WCCP requests should go to one of the 2 configured wccp enabled squid caches until it goes down, then then other takes the requests.

Thanks,
Nick