Re: [squid-users] statistics!

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_creative.net.au>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 22:14:08 +0800

This bit interests me!

> HTTP I/O
> number of reads: 813824372
> Read Histogram:
> 1- 1: 310663 0%
> 2- 2: 71517 0%
> 3- 4: 1025321 0%
> 5- 8: 188273 0%
> 9- 16: 4468523 1%
> 17- 32: 2097543 0%
> 33- 64: 1434866 0%
> 65- 128: 5031256 1%
> 129- 256: 17359412 2%
> 257- 512: 81963575 10%
> 513- 1024: 50391587 6%
> 1025- 2048: 576071058 71%
> 2049- 4096: 41890247 5%
> 4097- 8192: 16123787 2%
> 8193-16384: 4987913 1%
> 16385-32768: 1464310 0%

All the caches I've been told about thus far have a HTTP IO read
peak at around 1k to 2k.

I'm going to try and add client-side read/write histograms to
see whats going on there, but before I do - could people please
take a look at their cachemgr output and see whether their read
histogram looks somewhat like this? I'm very interested if
the read histogram looks like this and you're running a HTTP
accelerator (ie, with the -servers- close to Squid, with a low
RTT like ethernet.)

Adrian