Re: [squid-users] X_FORWARDED_FOR, squid and apache cheating

From: howard chen <howachen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 22:41:43 +0800

Hi,

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 9:27 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:

> request_header_access X-Forwarded-For deny all
>
> Note mixed-case HTTP name, not the PHP internal variable name.

The problem is, I do want "X-Forwarded-For", if it is added by my
squid, but not client. Since I can trust my squid but not my client.

If setting the "request_header_access X-Forwarded-For deny all", my
PHP even cannot get the "unknown" value even if I am using
"forwarded_for on"

Btw, If I use Firefox Modify Header to add my custom "X_FORWARDED_FOR"
(note the case), my PHP can still get the "HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"
header, maybe this is a potential security hole?

Howard