Re: [squid-users] squid_radius_auth - How long?

From: Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET <ml_at_t-b-o-h.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 22:02:49 -0400 (EDT)

> On fre, 2008-05-23 at 20:43 -0400, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:
>
> > Once someone is authorized to squid_radius_auth, how
> > long does their session go before it ends, "times out", asks
> > for reauth,etc?
>
> Between the browser and Squid the user authenticates on each request.

        Yup, understood. Wasn't thinking this part, but thanks.

> Squid verifies the account with RADIUS every auth_param basic timetolive
> period.

        Ok, appreciate it. Hopefully 2 quick followups.

        1) If the auth_param basic timetolive is (for example) 120 minutes,
and 10 minutes after the client authenticates the ID is deleted, they'll
still get 110 minutes of browsing time, correct?

        2) I did a quick look at the module, and while I'm far from a C
programmer, it doesn't appear that you look for anything from the response
except "Access-Accept" (PW_AUTHENTICATION_ACK). If this is true, has any thought
been given, if it isn't somewhere already and I missed it, to abiding by the
"Session-Timeout" parameter? Is it even possible given the rest of squid to
keep track of a "timetolive" per connection, or would another helper or a
custom helper need to be written to address this?

        Thanks! Tuc