RE: [squid-users] squid , rsync and authentication

From: Jean-Jacques ROUGET <jjrouget_at_rfc-cs.fr>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 10:40:06 +0200

Ok, thanks.
I've traced the network exchange between client and Squid.
Here is containing of http level, as shown by Wireshark:

After the classical Syn, Syn/Ack, Ack:

Frame #3) Client --> Squid
CONNECT www.rsync-test-site.com:873 HTTP/1.0\r\n Request Method: CONNECT Request URI: www.rsync-test-site.com:873 Request Version: HTTP/1.0
Proxy-Authorization: Basic xxxxxxxxxxxx\r\n
Credentials: http://user:password

Frame #4) Squid --> Client
HTTP/1.0 407 Proxy Authentication Required\r\n Request Version: HTTP/1.0 Response Code: 407
Server: squid/2.6.STABLE18\r\n
Proxy-Connection: close\r\n

Next Frames #*) Closing the tcp connexion

In frame #3, I can read my correct user and password.

I also opened a discussion on the rsync user list, but no answer for the moment.

I'm ready to give more trace or debug if needed.

Regards,
Jean-Jacques