Re: [squid-users] ldap_auth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 01:40:42 +0200

On tor, 2008-05-29 at 16:21 -0700, Squidly wrote:
> I am hoping there is a way to encrypt user name and password as they
> are are passed from the browser to my debian squid box. I have looked
> around the web and just keep getting more confused. I found some
> reference to digest_ldap_auth but that does not exist in my lib and
> seems to be for windowz. Does someone know a good reference?

digest_ldap_auth is a standard digest helper shipped with Squid since
some years back.. It's not Windows related.

The use of digest requires access to either plaintext passwords or
specifically digest hashed password hashes in the LDAP directory. It can
not use simple LDAP authentication like squid_ldap_auth.