Re: [squid-users] Problem with some Microsoft Sites

From: Danilo Godec <danilo.godec_at_agenda.si>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 13:25:54 +0200

Dear everybody,

it seems I've been hit by that same thing as users started complaining they
cannot get MS Updates.

So I've compiled Squid 2.6STABLE20, but it doesn't recognize
'request_header_access' option.

I've tried to use 'header_access' option instead, but I'm not sure it's
the same thing. Is it?

This is what I used in squid.conf:

> acl MSUpdate url_regex .*microsoft.com.*
> header_access Accept-Encoding deny MSUpdate

But I still cannot access Micro$oft pages. I've checked my part of network
settings and all seem sfine - ICMP is allowed, ECN is disabled, ...

Any ideas?

  Thanks, Danilo