[squid-users] Is it possible to have squid as do Proxy and OWA/RPCoHTTPS accelerator?

From: Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 23:17:52 +0300

Hello gurus,

I have been trying the whole day to get Squid to work as a reverse
proxy/accelerator for OWA and RPC-over-https with no sucess. I believe
I've come to my /etc on this!
I have read the Wiki entries and this thread:
http://www.nabble.com/Forwarding-Denied-when-using-dst-cache_peer-in-acl-td15123146.html

However, I seem to still miss a critical point.
My Squid (2.7RC) is first and foremost being used as a LAN proxy. This
in itself has posed a challenge to me in terms of specifying who is
allowed to use it as a proxy.
I have an M$ Exchange server which is is self-contained, with
self-signed certificate.
Can I configure Squid as a proxy for the LAN as well as an accelerator
for several backend website(s)? I've found this challenging in terms
of ordering the ACLs.

I can see from the above thread that Wouter de Jong-2 actually/finally
managed to configure Squid to accelerate OWA as well as do the
RPC-over-HTTP(s) but he does not mention is the squid instance is also
being used as a proxy.
Does someone have a sample config for squid being used as LAN proxy
and accelerator, especially for M$ Exchange OWA and RPCoHTTPS?

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,