[squid-users] Port Problem with squid

From: Edward Dam <damfam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 10:06:48 +0800

Hi all,

I am a (relatively) new squid administrator, and all is well, with one
exception. I cannot access a specific intranet site, which resides on
a non-standard port.

I will elaborate:

squid machine with Dansguardian is running on 1.2.3.4, running as a
transparent proxy. Everything internet wise is ok.

We have one intranet site: www.example.com

When a user points to www.example.com, that webpage/server redirects
them to http://www2.example.com:8098/login.aspx

The redirection is timing out. I've put port 8098 as one of the
Safe_ports in squid.conf, and allowed both example.com and
www2.example.com in my filters. Still no go. My iptables configuration
on the squid server is wide open, with the exception of the
redirection of port 80 to 8080.

Any ideas, or suggestions for me?

It is much appreciated!