Re: [squid-users] Port Problem with squid

From: Edward Dam <damfam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 14:17:25 +0800

Hello, thank you again for the reply.

When I take off transparent mode, the result is the same, it does not
access (time out)

There seems to be some confusion on what I am trying to do.

I am NOT trying to redirect www.example.com to
www2.example.com:8098/login.aspx via my proxy server.

The site www.example.com redirects to www2.example.com:8098/login.aspx
as it is. The web server at www.example.com does this automatically
when you go to www.example.com

However users behind my proxy never get to the redirect. It either
times out or, if I forward port 8098 to 3128, I get the error I
previously showed.

I hope that clears up any confusion, and I apologize if I was not
clear previously.