Re: [squid-users] Is it possible to have squid as do Proxy and OWA/RPCoHTTPS accelerator?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 18:27:20 +0200

On mån, 2008-06-02 at 13:41 +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> (actually, this is supposed to be the only entry for cache_peer I am
> goingto have?)

If you only have one server, and that server is only talking http then
yes there is only a single cache_peer..

> That has worked. It also requied a PEM passphrase. I hope this is not
> supposed to be another problem. These ssl stuff!

You can configure the password in squid.conf if the PEM key is
encrypted, or easily decrypt it with the openssl rsa command.

> In my case, I don't have a certificate for the external hostname,
> which brings me back to the confusing issue regarding the certificate:
> I can make a self-signed certificate for the external hostname. Not a
> problem. However, does this mean I really don't need the internal
> certifcate Exchange is using?

Correct.

> Suppose:
>
> My Squid host is publicly known as mail.odhiambo.COM (IP of 1.2.3.4)
> My Exchange server is named msexch.msexch.odhiambo.BIZ (IP of 192.168.0.26)
>
> Given that both OWA and RPCoHTTPS are directed at these...
>
> What values should I use for the following variables (from the wiki):
>
> (a) owa_hostname?

In https_port defaultsite you should use mail.odhiambo.COM as this is
what the clients are expected to connect to.

> (b) ip_of_owa_server?

The ip of your exchange/owa server.

> (c) rpcohttp.url.com?

Ignore. That example uses a setup with more Exchange servers, where OWA
is running on a separarate server from Exchange.

> (d) the_exchange_server?

Ignore as above.

> >From there, I believe I will only get stuck at the ssl certificates
> step, which is where I am still a bit confused.

Since you are not going to use a real certificate then issue yourself a
self-signed one using OpenSSL.

  openssl req -new -x509 -days 10000 -nodes -out mail.odhiambo.COM_selfsigned.pem -keyout mail.odhiambo.COM_key.pem