Re: [squid-users] second squid proxy

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 12:04:26 -0800

Armend ALIAGA wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would be gratefull if somebody could help me out on this issue,
> I have a squid proxy (.i.e. IP.10.10.10.1) running wonderfull up to now..
> I set up another squid proxy ... and the issue is that I dont know how to redirect all http requets from this one to the first proxy 10.10.10.1 without going directly to internet ? ( I'am not allowed to NAT 2 IP in the pix ?!?)
> I tried to do it with "cache peer parent 10.10.10.1 3128 3130" but I have an error when aplying policy.
> thanks,

It's cache_peer, with an under score (see
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.0/cfgman/cache_peer.html).
Also to ensure that all the traffic of this second proxy goes through
the original, you'll need to add "never_direct allow all" to your config
(http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ConfiguringSquid#head-f7c4c667d4154ec5a9619044ef7d8ab94dfda39b).

You might want to solve the problem with the PIX rather than going this
route. I'm not sure of the utility of having two proxies on the same
LAN, behind NAT where one uses the other as a parent...

Chris