Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.7 -- ZPH -- Doc-

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 00:41:54 +1200

Rayudu Madhava wrote:
> Sir,
>
> I want to use ZPH and control traffic out side squid using HTB,ESFQ etc..
>
> can some body guide me in this direction.
>
> Thanks a lot ,
>
> Rayudu

The configuration of squid is done in 2.7+ with a few zph_* options,
which can be found in the authoritative config manual at:
  http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.7/cfgman/

Basically Squid marks outgoing TCP stream packets with a TOS/QOS value
of your choice when connecting to any of siblings/parents/web-servers.
How the network handles each type of stream is up to you.

Amos