[squid-users] Transparent & Non-Transparent: Round-Robin-ing Problem

From: Dream Prince <dreamprince_at_fastmail.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 23:52:10 +0700

Dear Squid Masters,

I am using an FC6 gateway-router where squid2.6STABLE12 was (and only
WAS) running properly.
It connects to two ISPs via two different ADSL modems. Both ISPs used
non-transparent proxies which are not interchangable.
They both required the use of a proxy (only from their list) to access
the Internet, and use of public/open proxies are blocked/banned.

My old squid config (which worked) looked like this one:

cache_peer proxy1.isp1.512kbps parent 8080 3130 no-query weight=2
round-robin
cache_peer cache1.isp2.256kbps parent 8080 3130 no-query weight=1
round-robin

always_direct deny all
never_direct allow all

Now the problem is -
The first ISP, subscribed at 512kbps, changed their proxy from
non-transparent to transparent (it even changed the ip and port). It
has already blocked the use of public proxies since years ago.
The second ISP, subscribed at 256kbps, still requires the use of one of
their proxies to access the Internet.

Please, experts, tell me how do I modify my squid config to
1. use transparent and non-transparent cache_peers together
2. use them together in a WEIGHTED round-robin form.

Thanks in advance...
Looking forward to hearing from you soon...

  Dream Prince
  dreamprince_at_fastmail.us