Re: [squid-users] about squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 15:44:43 +1200 (NZST)

> Hi
>
> The problem I have is that squid doesn't proxy https, when I brouse
> https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.intl=es&.src=ym I receive
> the
> following message
>

> ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved

> While trying to retrieve the URL: login.yahoo.com:443
>
> The following error was encountered:
>
> Connection to 69.147.112.160 Failed
> The system returned:
>
> (110) Connection timed out
>
> and the access.log say
>

> TCP_MISS/503 0 CONNECT login.yahoo.com:443

I'm wondering why it says CONNECT was attempted. Looks like you have some
form of tunneling agent between the browser and squid. Is there an AV
running with web-traffic scanning?
Squid will happily do the SSL handshake if your browser lets it.

Second thing which appears to be the source of the issue, is that the
remote IP appears to be lagging or not serving HTTPS. Squid has properly
attempted the outbound tunnel, but the TCP link SYN/ACK has not been
received back.

> actually my firewall is not configured.
>
> I have made a lot of test, change to squid3, compile a new squid with
> option
> --enable-ssl, change to debian 4 and still have the same problem.
> Actually I have Debian4 with kernel 2.6 and squid 2.6 stable

Amos