Re: [squid-users] FIFO + Logrotate squid

From: Angela Williams <angie_at_eoh.co.za>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 15:29:34 +0200

Hi!
On Thursday 05 June 2008, William A. Knob wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem using FIFO and Squid.
>
> The problem is: I create a log with mkfifo to work with my
> personal mysql logger, works fine. But when Logrotate runs, my fifo
> disapears! Logrotate moves my original FIFO to a .1 FIFO and create an
> empty FILE with the name of my fifo. Anyone knows how I make to
> logrotate create another FIFO when it runs?

It's the same thread with Wundy! Squid keeps rotating.
Always read or search the list before posting please.

Just make sure that logfile_rotate 0 is setup in squid.conf and that logrotate
scripts or anyother scripts for that matter do not rotate squids logs! Check
scripts for squid -k rotate

Cheers
Ang

--
Angela Williams				Enterprise Outsourcing
Unix/Linux & Cisco spoken here!		Bedfordview