RE: [squid-users] Apple Computers jam my NTLM Helpers.

From: Jonathan Chretien <jonathan_chretien_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 18:14:10 -0400

Hello Henrik.

My Macintosh computer is not part of the domain. In the proxy configuration of all Macintosh computers, in System Preference, I set the mydomain\username and the password of the user. This give me the opportunity to authentify the user automatically and not waiting the user to enter a username and password.

I have a macintosh computer by user and they always use the same. It's the reason why I can force the username and password of the user in System Preference.

The user get authenticated and is able to get his web page, but the Helper is still lock. The lock get release after a period of time. One of the 4-5 helper that the Macintosh is using can be release 10 secondes later, and the other can be release after 25 - 30 - 45 seconds.

Do I need to use an another authentication helper for my Macintosh user ? I hope not.

Thanks.

Jonathan
IT Technician.