Re: [squid-users] Re: squid_kerb_auth on mac os x

From: Alex Morken <IT_at_chrisking.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 14:33:11 -0700

On Jun 6, 2008, at 2:19 PM, Markus Moeller wrote:
> I can create a simple test tool to create blobs. I will post it
> later next week.
>
> Markus
>
> "Henrik Nordstrom" <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net> wrote in message
>> On ons, 2008-06-04 at 15:41 -0700, Alex Morken wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you Henrik. I kind of figured it needed something else, but I
>>> wasn't sure what to put there. Where can I get or generate the
>>> Kerberos GSSAPI blob I need for the input? I have been digging
>>> around kerberos docs and haven't found what I needed.
>>
>> Not sure. It's a kerberos authentication handshake, and initially
>> depends on a challenge sent by the helper...

I have done a bit more testing and shut off my ldap authentication
and it seems that it still trying to use the basic auth. I have shut
squid completely down and restarted each time I change auth methods
per the documentation. How can I verify that it is indeed hitting
squid_kerb_auth? I have my debugging level set to 9 and have tried to
squid -k debug to see what I can get but I can't find where it is
trying to pass anything to squid_kerb_auth.

I am using the newest Safari to test this out so there shouldn't be
anything to configure on the web browser end of things.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Alex Morken