[squid-users] disk request!

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_creative.net.au>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 10:50:13 +0800

Hi everyone,

I hate to ask for "stuff" on the public mailing list but I'm a little stuck
right now.

I've been loaned a pair of compaq storageworks arrays - 14 U160 disks
per array - but I don't have disks for them. I have some older 10krpm
disks to partially fill one array but those disks are failing.

I've bought the rest of the hardware (SCSI cards, servers, switches,
etc) which I've been using to benchmark Squid with but I've been unable
to do any serious storage related testing. People are now rolling
out Squid on 73gig and 146gig U320 disks and asking about performance.

I've been trying to acquire some useful size 10k and 15kpm disks for
further testing but its just far too expensive to source them myself
just yet.

So, does anyone have any 10k/15k rpm disks, 18gig or above (preferably
above!) which you'd like to donate? I'm looking to fill both of these
arrays (so 28 disks there) plus 6 more in a Dell 2650 2ru server.

Please contact me in private if you can help!

Thanks,

Adrian