Re: [squid-users] How to control download banwidth

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 13:56:18 +1200 (NZST)

> --- Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>

>> False. ACLs are only limited by whether their info
>> is available or not
>> (requests don't have reply details etc.).
>>

> well this shines me a little bit, but what if
> the scenario like this:
>
> -- snips --
> acl netA src 192.168.0.0/24
> acl netB src 192.168.2.0/24
> acl two maxconn 2
> acl flashvids url_regex -i \.flv$
>
> http_access deny netA two flashvids
> http_access allow netA
> http_access allow netB
> http_access deny all
> -- snips --
>
> can it works at http_access or it only at delay_pool ?

Anything which accepts ACL.
The general ones are in the config listed under 'Access Controls' and
usually at least one for each distinct component in squid (like
delay_access, controlling what the component affects and what it does not)
.
 http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.7/cfgman/
 http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.0/cfgman/

Details on individual ACL types and whether they apply to requests, replies

> main goal is of course reject any excess connection (
> more than 2 connection ) from netA to any url contain
> .flv ( .. assuming he/she downloading it )

Your config:
  http_access deny netA two flashvids
would do exactly what you describe.

Amos