Re: [squid-users] remotely disable squid filtering

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:05:34 +1200 (NZST)

> My company is in the early stages of running a SQUID proxy for internet

Um, you mean a SQUID or a Squid?
  One is a proxy server the other an old packet protocol. Both do
filtering in a manner of speaking. ;-)

> filtering of public machines. Is there a method of remotely disabling the
> filtering on specific machines?
>
> For example, if an adult customer (using our public machines) requests
> that
> we disable filtering, can we do that remotely or does it have to be done
> locally at the machine he/she wants to use?

You can configure the ACL in Squid to do almost anything you like. Usually
it need to be done on the proxy. Though there are some remote
administration tools out in the web somewhere (webmin squid re-config or
Auth database controls).

Amos