Re: [squid-users] How to keep session?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:49:36 +0200

On tor, 2008-06-12 at 18:13 +0800, Ken W. wrote:
> I have two original servers behind Squid boxes.
> How to keep requests from the same client always going to the same
> original server?

the srchash selection mechanism is intended for this, routing requests
with the same source IP to the same server.

It's also possibe to do it based on some server-unque property of the
session cookies issued by your server by using the req_header in
cache_peer_access. Just make sure the session cookie is temporary or
failover situations when one of the servers is down gets a bit tricky..