Re: [squid-users] Squid usage questions.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:55:21 +0200

On tor, 2008-06-12 at 22:41 +0800, Roy M. wrote:

> 1. If a file is stored in memory in squid, is it also stored in disk?

Most likely yes.

> So assume when I restart squid, it will fetch object from disk, rather
> than backend?

Yes.

> 2. Is it a good practice to enable store.log in production site?

Only if you actually have a need for the information in this log. Most
setups don't.

> 3. Is it recommend to enable reload-into-ims, if I am running squid as
> reverse proxy (So client can't cheat my squid for always reload)

Yes, or even ignore-reload depending on how well behaved your site is...

In the reverse proxy scenario you are NOT bending HTTP rules by using
these features. It's up to you to decide how your server operates on
content updates.