Re: [squid-users] How does weighted-round-robin work?

From: Michel \(M\) <michel_at_lucenet.com.br>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 14:30:39 -0300 (BRT)

Henrik Nordstrom disse na ultima mensagem:
> On tor, 2008-06-12 at 23:54 +0800, Roy M. wrote:
>> So since some weight might be affected, without patching, can you
>> suggest the weight for my cases which could or the best to avoid the
>> problem?
>>
>> e.g. I want to assign 1:2:1 to my server A:B:C, what weight I can
>> assign?
>
> No idea really. Better to patch your Squid with the patch which is
> already available..
>
> Squid-2:
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/HEAD/changesets/12213.patch

soo is was not me that the weight thing wasn't working :)
this is in the daily 2.7 tar ball or only on Head?

> But I guess it may work out as you indend if you order your squid.conf
> so the servers is listed in 1, 1, 2 order. Or maybe it's 2, 1, 1...

and the other 1-1-2 of course ...

in my experience the first does it all so long as it can handle the load
but depends on sibling|peer|no-cache settings, but definitely more than
2:1

michel

Tecnologia Internet Matik http://info.matik.com.br
Sistemas Wireless para o Provedor Banda Larga
Hospedagem e Email personalizado - e claro, no Brasil.