Re: [squid-users] Can you run two instances of Squid?

From: Marcos Camões Bourgeaiseau <marcoscamoes_at_rio.rj.gov.br>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 19:06:48 -0300

You also must be sure to have two separated caches directories. I have
done it in my work and I can tell you that it take some work to be done.

As you mentioned, you must have two config files, two cache directories
(as I said), and they must run in two pid files.

It is also imperative that each instance listen to different ports, so
be sure that yours "squid.config" files port configuration don't use the
same port.

It will be good think to change the "/etc/init.d/squid" script, so that
both instances will be up on restarts. You must change the script by
yours configurations in the "squid.conf" files.

At last, if the squids instances are running in a multiprocessor
machine, you should use the "taskset" command to set each instance to a
different CPU.

With this method you can have as many instances as you should like, and
have free HD space for the different caches.....

Hope it's all, and that i haven't forgot anything.

Bye,

--
Marcos Camões Bourgeaiseau - KIKO
e-mail pessoal: mcbourgeaiseau_at_gmail.com