Re: [squid-users] Remote access acls

From: <ffredrixson_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:15:03 +0000

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
> ffredrixson_at_comcast.net wrote:
> > I'm trying to provide an externally available proxy to our employees. This way
> they can have the same basic protection when traveling that they get when
> they're inside our corporate walls.
> >
> > What acls or rules do I need to be looking at?
> >
> > I'm a newbie and just trying to keep my job.
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
>
> Safest ones are auth IMO. They can use any net connection, and link in
> through the proxy to get anywhere.
> After the local accepts and before the global external denial.
>
> Amos
> --
> Please use Squid 2.7.STABLE2 or 3.0.STABLE6

Thank you for your quick reply.

What auth would you recommend? The powers above decided it shouldn't be Active Directory. What other auth is recommended? is there any based on a cert installed on the laptops? Or could it be cookie based? (I know it sounds like a dumb question but I know I'll be asked) Anything to avoid login and password would be great.

Thank you again.