[squid-users] Re: Help with sarg usage

From: Indunil Jayasooriya <indunil75_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:53:13 +0530

> Yes. That did help quite a bit. I had actually seen the link before from a
> google search - but hadn't studied it properly. It certainly explains my
> "forbidden" problem. I think I found a missing step though. The step by step
> instructions do not tell you to make sarg.cron executable - so the cron job
> wouldn't run until I corrected this.

Yeah, sarg.cron should be executable. So, Pls execute it in following way.

chmod 755 /var/www/sarg/sarg.cron

> It still leaves me with a few queries though:
> 1) I would like to be able to see what traffic flowed between (say) 13.00 on
> 13 June 2008 and 14:00 on 13th June 2008.

I think that it depends on the crontab. my crontab @ step by steb doc
displays every 5 minute execution. So , Then, It has every 5 miniute
data.

For example, crontab executes every 5 minutes. Let's say 13 hrs ,
13.05 hrs, 13.10 hrs ans so on.

> I haven't found a way to do this yet. Is it possible with Sarg? I am trying
> to find out what causes occasional large traffic bursts.

First, Pls get Sarg woking. Then, begin to analyse.

> 2) Is there some more complete documentation somewhere? The man page refers
> to documentation in the "GNU info format". Where could I find this

Difficult to say.

--
Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya