[squid-users] Re: Help with sarg usage

From: Indunil Jayasooriya <indunil75_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:56:08 +0530

The cron job seems to create a new report
> every 30 minutes - and delete the old one.

Yes, that's right.

The new report covers the full
> period (presumably) covered by the current squid log file - until the time
> the report is generated.

Yes, that's right.

I can't find a way to narrow down the time window
> of the report. I also can't find a way to make it cover further back than
> the current squid log file -

What do u mean ? do you need older data than the current report?

current crontab executes every 30 minutes and delete the old one. I
think if it does not delete the old one, I would be older than
current.

So just, try to have about 10 reports and delete from 11.

So , pls try below squid.cron

[root_at_worldnet ~]# cat /var/www/sarg/sarg.cron
#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/sarg
cd /var/www/sarg/reports
rm -rf *.11

Pls try it out.

> I seem to have something in my /etc/cron.daily which rotates the squid
> access.log file at 4.02 am every morning.

May I have a look at that?

And also , have a look at these scrips.
I have not used these.Pls try and see. If you succeed, Pls put a mail
to this mailing list, then others can benifit from them.

http://sarg.sourceforge.net/enhancements.php

http://sarg.sourceforge.net/zhaolei.txt

Happy Squiding

 --