[squid-users] temp countermeasure against swap.state corruption

From: Michel \(M\) <michel_at_lucenet.com.br>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:28:26 -0300 (BRT)

hi

the swap.state corruption is a real problem. Since I have no time for
learning the squid sources and find out what it is I wrote a workaround
which seams to protect from this to happen.

the swap.state corruption is appearing after squid receives the first
requests while rebuilding the swap.state. In latest versions the -F flag
does not help anymore, some weeks ago (< 2.6-stable19) it still was a
valid workaround.

So what my startup script does is injecting a firewall rule blocking any
incoming tcp:8080, reading the log, detecting when swap.state is ready and
then on single instances remove the initial firewall rule, or in multi
instance scenario start the process which receive the client requests only
when the swap.dirs are ready.

So if someone is interested ask me in pvt or if I do not step on someones
tail here I can post it to the list.

michel

Tecnologia Internet Matik http://info.matik.com.br
Sistemas Wireless para o Provedor Banda Larga
Hospedagem e Email personalizado - e claro, no Brasil.