[squid-users] Re[squid-users] verse proxy to Sharepoint

From: afstcklnd <andrew.stickland_at_spirititconsulting.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 07:27:40 -0700 (PDT)

We have a working infrastructure using Windows 2003, AD & Sharepoint for
Project Web Access. In order to allow branch office access, we wanted to put
in place a reverse proxy solution and looked at Squid. After a lot of
reading, it became clear the Squid 2.6 or above was the best option in order
to get working NTLM authentication. So....

We've installed a Fedora Core 9 box with Squid 3.0, attached it to the
domain and set up all the kerberos, ldap authentication etc. However, it's
not quite behaving correctly.

Testing kerberos, ldap etc. seems all OK and the ntlm helpers are running
OK. Connect to the proxy with IE of Firefox and the request for a password
is presented but regardless of what is entered authentication.

Obviously I need to provide more information but can you guide me as to
where and what I need to provide?

Thanks