Re: [squid-users] other questions re: pattern-matching

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:34:54 +1200 (NZST)

> I assume I can specify multiple options for a specific regex
> pattern...such as ignore-no-cache and ignore-refresh? And that it is
> space delimited, or how is it delimited?

Whitespace delimited. The pattern needs to be one unit. Though is skips my
mind right now how you would indicate whitespace in the pattern. (Maybe
[:space:])

> Also, does the regex match against any part of the URL, or do I have to
> specify the whole URL?

The pattern matches against any part of the entire URL. If you use regex
start/end anchors they are obeyed. Otherwise it may match mid-way.

> I had assumed the regex patches any part of the
> URL...but my regex is matching.

I assume 'patches' was a typo. The URL is not altered by regex in Squid.

Amos