[squid-users] Negotiate problem 'BH received type 1 NTLM token'

From: Malte Schröder <maltesch_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:55:53 +0200

Hello everyone.

I have trouble running Squid (2.6.STABLE20) on linux with negotiate
authentication in a M$ ActiveDirectory environment. When I try with Firefox
or IE7 from an AD-integrated WindowsXP machine all looks fine. But on some
pages which use Windows Media Player 11 I get a login request by WMP. It
tries to use negotiate, but in the cache.log of squid I get messages like
this:

2008/06/18 13:42:16| authenticateNegotiateHandleReply: Error validating user
via Negotiate. Error returned 'BH received type 1 NTLM token'

Negotiate is configured like this:
auth_param negotiate program /usr/lib/squid/squid_kerb_auth -i
auth_param negotiate keep_alive on

How can I solve this? Because if I don't I will have to disable it and live
with NTLM forever ...

Regards
Malte Schröder